On All Windows systems (XP/Vista/7/8)
- 64-bit systems must have test certificate installed first. See section below “On 64-bit Windows systems” before attempting to install.
- Manual Installation: follow the procedure documented in 80-V4609-1, point the driver to the fre/chk path (e.g. QMI\win\build\target\fre\Win7) when system asks for driver files.
- Windows 7 might not prompt for the driver installation when a USB device is plugged in. In this case, open the device manager and manually install a driver for each device instance by right clicking on each device with the yellow warning icon and selecting “Update Driver Software…”.
- Next select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Finally, select the path to the drivers for the intended operating system
On Windows 8 ARM Only
- Starting with Windows 8 release 8170 and later, the following changes must be done prior to installation of the test signed serial driver.
- Launch regedit in admin mode
- Add the following keys:
- Set the REG_MULTI_SZ value named “TestPath” under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI\TRSData” to “\Windows\System32\drivers\qcusbser.sys”.
- Set the REG_DWORD value named “UMCIAuditMode” under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI” to 1
- Follow the instructions under “On 64-bit Windows systems and ARM”
On 64-bit Windows systems and ARM (including 64-bit WIndows XP/Vista/7/8)
IMPORTANT CHANGES (All operating systems)
Filter driver is a mandatory driver that should be installed for external QMI clients to work.
After Identifying do Driver update on the Identified “USB Composite Device”.
Follow the same instructions under “On All Windows systems” above by selecting the “Browse for driver software on your computer” -> “Search for driver software in this location” and entering the path to the drivers for the target operating system.
After updating the Composite device the QMI clients should start communication with the device.